Why do I LOVE Essential Oils? Well let me start with a little bit of a back story.
I had my son Greyson back in February. As they were pulling him out (via c-section) his head was stuck. I’m not quite sure what his head was stuck under but it took my doctor quite a few tugs to get him out. A couple weeks after his birth he started crying. Excessively crying. I took him to the pediatrician I know at least once a week for probably the first three months of his life. I didnt know what else to do. And of course everytime I left there I was no closer to finding an answer as to why. Was he in pain from being stuck? Did he have colic? Did he have an allergy to milk? We did go on a dairy-free formula which did clear up a rash he was developing. So I thought okay maybe he was just in pain from a milk allergy. Nope he still cried and cried. We even went to the chiropractor to get an adjustment and it still didnt help. Flash forward several months. We are now past the point where colic should have ended months ago but the excessive crying is still going on. At this point im fighting depression, he was up crying several times throughout the night and im just physically and emotionally exhausted. I tried everything. No change. Finally I started looking into essential oils. What I felt was my last hope ended up being the one thing that changed everything. The night I received my kit I diffused lavender. That was also the first night my child slept through the night. At this point I was diffusing during the day and at night and he comtinued to not only sleep through the night but I was also now able to put him down and he would play without fussing. Seriously guys! Essential Oils!!! Thats all it took. I wish I would of known about the power of these oils before I had him. I could have saved myself some serious grief and a whole lot of tears.
Essential oils are amazing and life changing in so many ways!
They are 100% natural healers. As you can see below in my top 6 favorite EO’s they all have physical healing properties. Its really amazing how effeciently they work. Pure essential oils are made up of tiny molecules tsken from plants and herbs with healing properties, and by applying the oils to the skin, inhaling or ingesting, the tiny molecles get absorbed into the body (in every single cell by 20 minutes) and the healing process begins. We’ve replaced many medicines in our cabinet with essential oils due to the effectiveness.
They can be beneficial to pets. Oils like lavender can be calming to your pooch. Its also a freat fle and tick repellant. Young Living has an entire pet care line of products available. Just always make sure to do research on an oil before hand to make sure its okay for your pet as some oils are toxic to animals.
They are great at cleaning and disinfecting your home. Essential oils are widely known for their antibacterial and antimicrobal properties. Eucalyptus, Lemon, Lemongrass and Tea Tree are just a few that are known to kill viruses and bacteria and can be diluted with water to clean household surfaces. In our house we use Thieves blend for cleaning and diffuse it on a regular basis to kill airborne germs.
You can replace your poisonous air freshners! Ive always been a big lover of candles and plug-ins. But now that I diffuse I literally have no use for them anymore. Essential Oils are a natural way to replace the products in our home that can have an adverse affect on our health. I love the smells and the feelings you get when you diffuse. My current favorite combo is lavender, peppermint and lemon. Just the other day I was diffusing some Thieves upstairs and the pizza delivery lady knocked on the door. When I opened the door she told me that my house smelled like Hobby Lobby! I was really amazed how the scent carried its way from upstairs in a bedroom to downstairs. Thats the power ya’ll!
A heartfelt community. One of my favorite things about essential oils is the community of others who love essential oils also. People are always there to answer questions and share their own testimonials about how oils have changed their life. There are so many with such a great amount of knowledge that it really makes essential oils not so scary for those just starting out. If you have a question, someone WILL have an answer. Everyone is so kind and non-judgmental. They really are such a great group of people who truly care about spreading love and healthier ways of living.
Here are my top 6 favorite oils and why I love them…
1. Thieves: My holy grail of essential oils! I have 2 in my Essential Rewards just to make sure I am never out. I use this for everything! I make sure to diffuse this in my car if were headed to the pediatrician, to and from preschool or somewhere really germy (i’m talking about you playgrounds). Its also really great for sore throat spray, cold and flu symptoms, congestion, laundry and everyday cleaning around the house. And let me tell you its heaven sent because our pediatrcian is really against prescribing antibiotics for strep, plus the one time we did get an antibiotic, it gave her horrible diarrhea. Not our trusty Thieves though! It doesnt have adverse affects on her tiny body and it has kept strep away.
2. Lemon: Lemon has natural antibacterial, antiviral and antihistamine properties and it is great for dabbing on insect bites or in salves used on wounds. The scent is energizing and fresh and I love to diffuse it to give my home a fresh clean smell. I also LOVE to add a drop into my water for a little kickstart to fat burning. Plus it tastes great!
3. Copaiba: One of the highest anti-inflammatory substances known to man. It has a greater anti-inflammatory action than ibuprofen and cortisone! Because of its ability to relieve pain I LOVE to use this on Greyson while he is teething. I apply a drop directly to his gums and rub it across them. It helps so much!
4. Lavender: Another one of my holy grails! Lavender has a super relaxing and calming scent. Its great for blemishes, scraps and cuts, sunburns, headaches, bug bites and dandruff. Living in Texas, we have lots of icky bugs that bite (especially mosquitos…yuck!). You just apply it to the bite and it helps soothe the itching and decrease the swelling. It works like a charm! My favorite use though is to put it in a rollerball with coconut oil and rub on the babies feet at night before bedtime. It helps them sleep so well! Since lavender has such versatile properties, its another that I always keep in my Essential Rewards!
5. KidScents Owie: A serious must have if you have kids! Owie is great at soothing cuts, scrapes, bruises and sensitive skin while also fighting off infections. My three year old is really rowdy and sometimes comes home with a bruise or a scrape from preschool. We just rub it on the spot, pop a band-aid on and its like it never happened. What great about the KidScents line it that its pre-diluted so your good to go!
6. Grapefruit: Grapefruit is known to elevate your mood, lessen period cramps, and promote weightloss. It also has antibacterial properties which make great for topical ointments. It also contains Limonene, an active compound which has been shown to reduce cancer cell proliferation when ingested orally. I love to mix a drop in with my moisturizer in the morning to pep me up.
Any suggestions made on this blog are very specific to Young Living Essential Oils and should not be used with oils from another source. Statements made on this website about Young Living Essential Oils have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products and information are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from disease or injury should consult with a physician. If you are currently on medication, please do not stop.